Monday 23 September 2013

Nursery rhymes

Last Wednesday in class we learnt something that all of us know but any of us knew how to use it in class. I am talking about nursery rhymes.

Nursery rhymes are also called Mother Goose rhymes. They were created during the 14th century and were used to hide political subversive messages. Along the centuries they lost their original meaning changing to inocent children's songs.

Since 17th, 18th and 19th centuries they have been very popular. We can find different types of nursery rhymes: lullabies, counting or alphabet, riddles and historical events and culture.

In summary, I have to say that nursery rhymes are songs that can be used in class to teach children something with a short song. In this way, children can learn it in an easy way. Usually through this songs children learn some specific vocabulary.







Here I would like to add a video of a nursery rhyme that Raquel showed us in class.















Finally, I also would like you to see my group singing a nursery rhyme in class.








Best wishes,

Ester ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I think that was a great class because we learnt a lot of things of nursery rhymes. First of all, we learnt the hidden meaning of some nursery rhymes and it was very interesting, wasn´t it? :)
    We also learn that, for example, we can use this nursery rhymes to help children to learn any specific sound that is repeted in the song.
    Finally, I enjoyed a lot creating a nursery rhymes with our partners, it was very funny.
    summarizing, I enjoyed a lot this class :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. During my practice teaching I used but to tidy up the classroom, to change from one activity to other but I'll never think I can use it to teach something like Alberto said an specific sound.

    I'm sure the pupils are going to enjoy themselves if the learn through this nursery rhymes, moreover we can play with the hidden story that the nursery rhymes have!

    You're so nice in the video! ;)

    ReplyDelete